Wednesday, April 5, 2017

#10 Last one, best one

GUYS!!! We made it to the end!!! HUZZAH!!


   I wish I could think of a super clever way to use data collection as a lawyer. Alas, I can only think of ways to report data in Excel. Evidence logs, witness statements and information, and fee records are a few ways that I might be able to use data reporting as an attorney. While the police do most of the actual evidence logging, it would be really great to organize my evidence and witnesses based on the argument that they support and the information that they provide.

   Also...I want to get paid...so I have to keep track of the number of hours I'm listening to and researching people's problems. (Sidenote: This is a sarcastic joke, I'm not that much of a jerk.)

   The topic that I found most interesting in viewing people's blogs wasn't really a "topic" at all. It was seeing everyone's individual ideas and interpretations, regardless of the topic. The ILP's were a great way to see everyone's creative side and get to know people's interests better. It's about the people, not the tools am I right or am I right?! #EMEfoLyfe

   If I lived in a perfect world and had outrageous amounts of time, I would LOVE to learn more about using Final Cut. I know the basics and a few advanced skills....enough that I was able to edit a 10 minute short film. But, there's soooooo much more that I could still learn.

   I love editing footage. I use to sit in my room and cut together B Roll just for fun. So it would be so exciting (and completely useless for my future career) to be able to do that again. To accomplish this, I would mostly just play around on the software. But, I'm sure I could also take a MOOC or other online course on Final Cut to learn advanced skills.

10 comments:

  1. The ILP's and the blog discussions that came with them were my favorite part of the class as well. I was a little nervous about the work at first, but each one turned out to be incredibly fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Final Cut before, what does that do? Also, love the GIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Final Cut is a video editing software like iMovie but more professional with more advanced capabilities. It's so much fun!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness. Once you go Final Cut, there is not other tool... But I like the old version where you have complete control. I understand the new version is more like iMovie and wants to anticipate your need. What I need to learn is Motion because there you can make cool and very professional digital segments to insert into Final Cut. To me, Motion is hard. Fave quote from the blog: "It's about the people, not the tools am I right or am I right?! #EMEfoLyfe"

      Delete
  3. I would love how to edit footage as well. The world is becoming so much tech and videos are everywhere. I think that would be a useful skill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that Excel is best for simple data computing but if you ever run into any cases with scary numbers then you might also look into SPSS which I've used more for statistics but like it a lot. Also, I love your gif!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds cool! I'll look in to it!

      Delete
    2. SPSS is a paid software, but... go to FSU's virtual lab and you can use it as a student. Use Firefox, not Chrome. I could elaborate on the hours wasted learning that trick, but I'll be kind. http://its.fsu.edu/service-catalog/end-point-computing/myfsuvlab

      Delete
  5. First off, I love the GIF at the beginning. Second, I agree I really enjoyed engaging with other students and hearing their interpretations of different topics. I often found many ways I had never thought to approach an issue and it was often a great resource for things that could be used in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I laughed for a solid 15 minutes when I added it in. But yes the engagement aspect was so informative.

      Delete